Though, I go by Mike
- Passionate and dedicated engineer, experienced in penetration testing, incident response, intrusion analysis, system administration, tooling and automation.
- Comfortable working both with bare metal servers and in cloud providers like AWS and Rackspace.
- Experience in positions of team leadership as well as self directed leadership.
Endurance International Group, Systems Architect, August 2016 - Present
As a member of the Technical Integrations team I develop solutions for the migration of newly acquired web hosting brands onto the Endurance platform. Tasked with developing tools, migrating thousands of servers and solving issues that arise from migrating tens of thousands hosting accounts onto the Endurance platform. This position requires a breadth of technical knowledge, development skills and an ability to solve problems in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Assisted in the design and implementation of tooling to migrate 15,000 servers.
- Developed several tools to assist in tracking migrations with JIRA.
- Utilized Puppet to maintain our team's servers as well as the brands being merged.
- Technical lead for a brand migration from start to finish, managing 130,000 users, with minimal downtime.
- Designed a tool in python that uses regular expressions to identify potential phishing and/or malware content on servers that were being migrated.
PhishLabs, Security Analyst, October 2015 - August 2016
Worked in the Security Operations Center of PhishLabs. Identifying and analyzing phishing sites, malware, rogue mobile applications that are on the Android and Apple app stores, ransomware and crimeware. As well as developing internal tools to assist in the optimization of day to day workflow.
- Created a tool to navigate phishing websites and gather all of the malicious URLs used in capturing stolen information.
- Created a bulk whois tool utilizing various whois APIs to retrieve domain contact information: including web host, network and domain owner.
Endurance International Group, Sr. Security Administrator, March 2012 - October 2015
Worked as the senior escalation point for the abuse departments at several Endurance brands.
- Created documentation for internal policies and best practices.
- Determined and secured root level compromises.
- Addressed advanced postmortem or active intrusion issues.
- Worked with RBL's like Spamhaus and Spamcop to improve our network's reputation.
- Detected and removed malware from customer accounts.
- April 2013 - I was recognized as employee of the month by the director of system administration for resolving over 1,000 customer issues in a two-week period, while maintaining a 100% customer satisfaction rating (NPS).
CentOS, RHEL Debian, Ubuntu QEMU/KVM OpenStack Hyper-V OpenVZ/Virtuozzo OnApp SolusVM Acronis Apache Percona, Galera, MariaDB, MySQL Git Puppet Ansible Postfix iptables strace Atlassian Suite Python Bash SQL